A friend of ours will be 60 next month and his family have written a list of 60 things he could do this year. Very inventive some of them are, for instance, buy something without looking at the price. Now that would be hard! My family think I should have a list of fifty things as I’ll be fifty this year so we began the task. It took about five minutes before I felt like it was a list of things I had to do and felt burdened by the list. So I’ve scrapped it.
Now I’m not averse to doing new things and I will try and record any new events / happenings/ experiences this year and see how many I manage.
So far I have:
1. made carrot and coriander soup – will do again
2. cooked a salmon and goats cheese omelette that ended up as scrambled egg – never to be repeated
3. woven in the round – badly (sorry Yvonne)
4. talked my husband into staying at a youth hostel this month (never thought that would happen). Daughter and I have used them before but hubby hasn’t stayed in a UK one ever but he has used European ones when a student.
5. made butternut squash soup – tasty but think I may curry the remainder
6. baked granary bread – oh dear!
The bread didn’t rise well and the exterior was very hard, I think perhaps the dough was too dry, better luck next time I hope. I’ve just remembered no.7 – made chicken biryani – too hot!!!! I seem to be having a bit of a cooking phase – it won’t last, it never does and it’s probably just as well for my family that it won’t. I’ve planned to make more bread on Friday – wish me luck.