Catch up three

After moors and hedgerows I wandered into the conservatory to produce my version of a calla lilly flower.

I used the same technique as when creating the poppy picture but the white wool in this is mixed with silk nepps which has given it texture. This picture works better from a distance I believe but it’s actually quite a favourite with me.

This next piece however, I feel far more ambiguous about. I’ve shown it to a couple of other people who really liked it and said it should be included in the art trail but I’m not feeling the love.


It’s just that I feel I didn’t quite hit what I was aiming for but I’m at a loss how to describe it better. After wet felting I added more petals with needle felting and that has definitely improved it.